PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Hydrate – we recommend that for seven days pre-treatment you moisturize skin in the morning and evening, and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day to completely hydrate your skin and optimize treatment results.
- You may be provided and antiviral medication prescription 3-4 days prior to the procedure if you have a history of Herpes Simplex to avoid outbreak
- Topical retinoid therapy should be discontinued 2-4 days prior to treatment
- Avoid any prolonged exposure to the sun, if you must be in the sun use a zinc oxide sunscreen of at least spf 30
- Remove all substances from the treatments area, including topical anesthetics, hairspray, gel, makeup, lotions, deodorants and self tanning products and ointments
- Avoid taking anticoagulants (aspirin, mobic, ibuprofen, naproxen) for one week if medical condition allows. Consult with your physician
- Discontinue any irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment (Vitamin C)
- Arrive to appointment with clean skin. There should be no lotion, makeup, perfume, powder, bath or shower oil present on the skin to be treated.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Immediately after treatment most patients will experience a clinical endpoint of erythema (redness) for 1-3 days, however for more aggressive treatments this may last longer. Slight to moderate edema (swelling) and mild to moderate sunburn sensation are also common post treatment and may last 1-3 days. Skin may crust and peel for 2-7 days depending on the treatment setting.
- Before discharge a topical ointment may be applied to the face, no bandages or wraps are necessary; if you are acne prone we will prescribe a prescription antibiotic ointment. If you have normal skin you may purchase triple antibiotic ointment and apply 2-3 days.
- Your provider will inform you when you may resume the use of your usual skin care products (usually 2-3 days)
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, avoid scrubbing or trauma to the treated areas, as if you had a sunburn.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation)
- The use of zinc oxide sun block spf 30 at all times after 24-48 hours
- Multiple treatments over a period of several months may be required to achieve the desired response. You will notice immediate as well as longer term improvements in your skin.